Tuesday, August 30, 2011

May Favorites!

Why hello there! 

This is my very very first post on this blog and I don't even know where to start! (Panic mode).
I've got a few posts lined up for you lot (well actually not you lot because I don't have any followers at present), but hopefully will have my first follower soon which is probably wishful thinking I know... 
I decided that I would start beauty blogging because i have finished my exams and therefore thought to myself why not? I have all this spare time and maybe it will be quite therapeutic to have a nice little blog where I can just talk and talk and no one can stop me because it's my blog.  

I was filing through my mind and pondering on what sorts of things I could ramble on about, and after a few hours I have finally decided that i shall just start off with my may faves. There not that interesting but I have indeed been satisfied with them this month and hope they will continue to do so for many more months! 

So here is a list of what they are in no particular order and a little of what i think about them: 


- Some like it hot body softening thermal scrub by Soap & Glory 

This scrub claims to smell like sugar, macadamia oil, vanilla, aloe vera and white sand (if sand has a smell?)
however personally I think it has a very particular smell that I can't quite place, it's quite a soapy smell (duh) and slightly fruity however I like it and it basically heats up on body contact when your in the shower which i found really cool i feel all soft and toasty afterwards which is good in my books! 

- Simple clear skin oil balancing moisturiser

This moisturiser is for shine control which i loooooove because i have oily skin which drives me crazy! 
It doesn't have any smell as it's fragrance free. I use it morning and night and i just think it's a good, sturdy moisturiser. 

- Aussie miracle hair insurance leave-in conditioner

I love this stuff too much! It's for weak distressed hair and smells like a dream, really fruity and just well...nice?
It contains jojoba seed oil which smells divine and i am certain that i will be taking this to the beach with me.
It just makes my hair super soft and smell amazing. 

- Ted Baker miniature body spray

It's basically just a body spray which i keep in my handbag to spritz during the day.
It smells like: rose, sandalwood, raspberry and vanilla YUM!

- Laura Mercier silk creme foundation in beige ivory

This is a really nice creamy blendable foundation which gives great coverage. *review coming soon*

- Kenzo flower perfume (don't know the exact name) 

Smells amazing, long wearing floral scent that's perfect for the summer!

- L'oréal Paris False Lash Telescopic Mascara

It has a very thin brush that gives a really nice natural non-clumpy effect to the lashes.

- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser

It's like a little creamy exfoliating cleanser and my face looks and feels clean afterwards and has defiantly reduced blemishes. It smells like herbs as it contains rosemary but isn't unpleasant and is actually very refreshing as far a scents go.

- Tresemmé frizz control finishing cream

Keeps away fly-aways and makes my hair frizz free! woo! 

- Topshop Nail Varnish in Gone Fishing 

A lovely minty pastel green which really is a perfect colour for summer, it also accentuates my tan...Bonus.

- Tangle Teezer hair brush

Just a nice hair brush can't really say much on this one!

- Topshop Cream Blush in Flush

Lovely dotty packaging and very creamy consistency that turns to powder once blended.
It's a hot pink colour but when you blend it onto the cheeks it turns to a very natural flushed look.

- The Righteous Butter by Soap & Glory

AMAZING body butter i cannot express my love for this product... it smells insane i love love love the scent (maybe it's just me) and it's a long lasting scent. It's non greasy (which is amazing yet again) and my skin feels like a baby's bum when i've put it on my body. 

- Naked Palette by Urban Decay

I love this Palette i have number 2 also however number one is my fave! I use it everyday.
My fave everyday colours are Buck (a medium brown) & Naked (a light brown almost nude colour) and am also particularly fond of Smog (a glittery brown).

- EOS lipbalm in honeydew melon

Just a basic lipbalm which smells amazing and keeps dry lips at bay.

- Real Techniques Brushes (Powder brush and blending brush)

Sooooo soft, and amazing for achieving a flawless look. 

- Random rings

Dress up any look really quickly without even thinking about it, i love the over sized fake gemstone ones and cross rings! 

- And last but not least my Links of London charm bracelet

My Nan got it for me last Christmas and i just think it's adorable i wear it as often as i can.

WELL That's all for my first hefty blog post ( i had a lot to say sorry...)

Lots of Love

Brooke...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment